About This Role
This adhesive chemist position presents an exciting opportunity to manage the Adhesive Applications Lab. Put your chemist experience and knowledge to use in developing liquid adhesives & sealant products.
- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university – preferably with an emphasis and focus on Chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience formulating, testing and trailing new, commercially viable hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Broad-based and in-depth understanding of all relevant hot melt adhesive compounding materials – polymers, tackifying resins, waxes, plasticizers, functional additives, etc.
- Materials background that includes knowledge and work with styrenic block copolymers (SIS, SBS, SEBS, and blends of same), EVA, EEA, PE, APAO, Natural Rubber, SBR and other relevant elastomers.
- Knowledge of hot melt adhesive manufacturing, processing, application and/or converting equipment.
- Thorough understanding of physical, performance and analytical testing and characterization protocols for polymers, resins and adhesive products.
- Knowledge and experience with commercialization process and Design of Experiment (DOE) methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Friendly individual that enjoys interaction with others, customers, and industry trade events.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage projects.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve goals.
- Compliance with laboratory Health, Safety and Environment rules and regulations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), and experimental/statistical design software.